Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Down Goes Frazier

Not actually a boxing match, but certainly they went to the debate "looking for a fight." The problem is that slinging mud at each other helps no one but yourself and doesn't foster party unity, which is an essential aspect of political success. I support Clinton, but I like Obama too!!! If I could sit down with the both of them I'd tell them to lay off each other. But of course they wouldn't listen to me.

Edwards struggled to get into the banter last night, complaining that there was a third person in the debate. Hey, what about our friend Congressman Kucinich? I bet he'd love to be there too. Not only was his invitation to the last debate rescinded, but when he sued to be included, the network appealed and had the decision overturned. How long can Edwards maintain he is right up there in the race when he gets 4% in Nevada and is far behind in his home state? He'll probably be gone after Feb. 5.

Speaking of candidates leaving the race, Fred Thompson ended his bid today. My friend Mr Vargas pointed this out in his blog on Sunday.

No comments: